Dutch Music Export Marketing Regulation
In collaboration with the ministry of Education, Culture & Science, Fonds PodiumKunsten, Buma Cultuur and Stichting Popcoalitie, there will be additional resources available during the impending three years (from 2017 to 2020). These resources are meant to fortify international marketing for Dutch artists from all fields.
The obtainable budget for this marketing regulation amounts to a maximum of 500.000 euros a year, with subsidies configured in the following three categories.
- Small marketing regulation, a maximum sum of €7.500
- Medium marketing regulation, a maximum sum of €15.000
- Large marketing regulation: a maximum sum of €50.000
A request from artists with international promise can be submitted on site by Dutch Music Export. Your entry will be granted based on the so-called ‘matching principle’. Meaning: this is a co-financing operation only viable when said artist accumulated his or her own professional industry partners on an international scale, and are able to corroborate a likewise financial sum for the international marketing of the artist. In addendum, the artist needs to meet the following criteria:
- A realistic and market-oriented plan.
- A substantial demand for the act itself.
- Sufficient productional breadth to operate on an international level
- A functional network in the country of export, consisting of the following components:
- - a (booking) agent;
- - a record label or distributor;
- - a PR-/media partner or promotion company;
- - a publisher or sync agent;
Allotment for this regulation is supplied to focus countries selected by the Dutch Export policy, namely: Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Important: subsidy for international marketing can only be requested by legal entities with total cognizance. Applicants will get a definite answer within six weeks.
This regulation is firmly not meant for the request of tour support. To obtain this, contact the Fonds PodiumKunsten’s services.